- 4 oz Semisweet chocolate
- 1 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/3 c Sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 lb Unsalted butter
- 1 c Granulated sugar
- 1 tb Vanilla extract
- 2 ea Egg
- 1 tb Milk
- 3/4 c Finely chopped walnuts
1. Melt the chocolate over hot water. Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugar slowly and continue to beat. Add the vanilla, then the eggs 1 at a time.
2. Add the chocolate and stir to blend. Stir in the dry ingredients and the milk by hand. When just blended, mix in the walnuts. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before rolling. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. To form the cookies, scoop out a portion of dough and roll out on a well-floured surface. When dough is 1/4 inch thick, cut it into rounds or other desired shapes. Re-roll scraps and cut again.
4. Place on cookie sheet (leave room for expansion) and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Watch for any hot spots in the oven and don’t let these cookies overbrown.