- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 drop green food coloring Vanilla ice cream Mint sauce
1. Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually a tablespoon at a time.
2. Then add the food coloring. Place the mixture in a heavy plastic bag. Twist the bag shut and cut a hole in one end of the bottom of the bag.
3. On a parchment covered baking sheet, pipe the shamrock shape, or spoon three dollops of meringue in a triangle and using a spoon dipped in water, spread the mounds to form shamrock leaves.
4. Bake the shamrocks at 250 degrees F for about 2 1/2 hours. Serve the shamrocks topped with ice cream and mint sauce.