- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar or Monterey jack
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Sliced pimento Minced parsley
1. In the top of a double boiler, sauté green pepper in butter until tender.
2. Place over hot water and add tomatoes, corn, chiles, salt and cheese.
3. Stir until well blended and cheese is melted.
4. Blend in crumbs and egg. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened.
5. Put into a chafing dish, garnish with sliced pimento and minced parsley, and serve over toast.