Caramel Apple Pizza
- 2 medium cooking apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (17 1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup chopped nuts, toasted (below)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with alu minum foil or cooking parchment paper. Prepare Caramel Syrup.
2. Toss apples and lemon juice in medium bowl. Stir in sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beet in egg and vanilla on medium speed until blened.
4. Roll each sheet of pastry into 10-inch square on foil-lined cookie sheet. Cut into 10-inch circle. Place scraps in center and roll into pastry.
5. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over each pastry circle. Arrange apple slices on circles. Sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle about 1/4 cup syrup over each circle.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Pour remaining syrup over pizzas. Serve hot.