Chocolate and peanut butter reminiscent of candy bars.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the vanilla, corn syrup and oats.
2. Pat this dough into the greased pan. Bake for 15-16 minutes (don’t overbake). Meanwhile, over low heat melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
3. Allow the cookie base to cool slightly, then spread the chocolate peanut butter mixture on top. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Original recipe yield: 40 bars.