- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of 11 x 7−inch pan. Set aside. Pour boiling water into blender container.
2. Add gelatin. Cover and process on the beat speed until gelatin is dissolved. Add lemon juice and 1 cup of the cottage cheese. Process on the liquefy speed until
smooth. Add remaining cottage cheese and process until smooth. Pour into large mixer bowl.
3. Add frozen whipped topping and mix with electric mixer until smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust. Chill until set. Yields 10 to 12 servings
Variations Use any flavor gelatin desired.
4. Spread pie filling over cheesecake after it has set. Refrigerate 1 hour. If desired, 1 cup fresh fruit can be folded into the mixture before pouring into crust.