- 3 Whole chicken breasts — skinned and boned
- 1 1/2 cups Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chutney — finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Toasted shredded coconut
- 3 Cantaloupes — -=OR=-
- honeydew melons-=OR=- — Large papayas
- 4 cups Shredded lettuce (optional)
Place chicken on steamer rack over 1 cup boiling water.
Cover and steam 15 minutes or until cooked through, but still moist.
Dice or shred meat.
Combine sour cream, chutney, curry powder and ginger until mixed.
Mix dressing with chicken and coconut.
Cut cantaloupes, honeydew melons or papayas in halves, remove seeds and fill cavities with chicken salad.
Or, spoon chicken salad on shredded lettuce and garnish with slices of fruit.