French Chocolate Cake
- 7 oz Semisweet chocolate
- 14 tb Butter or margarine
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 c Flour
- 1/3 c Hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 ts Baking powder Makes about
- 10 servings
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a springform pan with detachable bottom that has a diameter of about 9 1/2 inches.
2. Melt cooking chocolate and butter in a thick-bottomed pot over low heat. Beat eggs and sugar until light and airy. Carefully stir the somewhat cooled chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
3. Blend flour, nuts, and baking powder together, and fold carefully into batter. It’s important to fold it in gently. Pour batter into pan and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. The cake should not become firm.
4. The “unbaked” batter tastes like a delicious filling. You may garnish cooled cake with a bit of grated chocolate and a ring of whipped topping.