Chocolate Ricotta Pie a creamy ricotta-filled pie dotted with chocolate chips in a graham cracker crust.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 oz. melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1. Prepare crust: In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; blend well. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan; place in refrigerator.
2. Prepare filling: In medium bowl, combine ricotta, sugar and extract; blend well; set aside.
3. Chop nuts and chocolate; fold into filling; chill.
4. In large bowl, whip cream until stiff; fold into filling.
5. Spoon filling into chilled crust; spread evenly; refrigerate overnight before serving.