Amaretto hazelnut macaroon cheesecake recipe
- 1 c Hazelnuts, roast 10 min at 350
- 3 Egg whites
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 2 c Powdered sugar
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Amaretto
- 3 ts Gelatin, unflavored
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 1 1/2 lb Cream cheese
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 1 ts Lemon zest
- 2 c Cream
1. Hazelnut macaroon: heat oven to 350. grease 10 inch spring form pan. line with parchment. Grease parchment. Line a cookie sheet with greased parchment.
2. Whisk together eggs and vanilla. Remove as much skin from the hazelnuts as is convenient. Chop the nuts in a food processor with one cup of the powdered sugar for 30 sec.
3. Add both powdered and regular sugar. Pulse a few times to combine. With processor running, pour in egg mixture. process for 15 sec until smooth Reserve 1/2 – 1/3 cup batter. Pour remaining into spring form, smooth with spatula. Pour reserved batter onto cookie sheet, spread in a 7-8 inch disk Bake crust 25-30 min., disk 20-25 min. cool on wire rack Chop up the disk into 1/8 inch pieces and soak in 1/4 amaretto.
4. Carefully remove crust. Replace bottom of spring form with foil wrapped cardboard circle. Replace crust Amaretto cheesecake filling: sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cp amaretto, let stand 5 min. Heat in sauce pan with hot (not boiling) water stirring for 4 min., leave in hot water to stay warm Beat cream cheese in mixer for 1 min.
5. Add lemon juice and zest, mix. Beat cream to soft peaks. Fold 1/3 cream into cream cheese. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Fold in soaked macaroon disk bits Scrape into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hrs.