Cheesecake with cranberry jewel topping recipe
- 1 1/2 c Vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 6 t b Butter; melted
- 1/2 c Whipping cream 1 pk Vanilla powder 1 1/2 lb Cream cheese; room temp. 1 c Sugar 1 pn Salt
- 4 lg Eggs
- 12 oz Fresh or frozen cranberries 3/4 c Sugar 1/2 c Cranberry juice concentrate 1/4 c Water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wrap the bottom and outsides of 9-inch spring form pan with aluminum foil. Lightly butter inside of pan and set aside.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press mixture onto bottom and halfway up sides of
- prepared spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes on center rack of preheated oven. Set aside, but do not turn off oven.
- Using electric mixer, blend together all ingredients. Add eggs and mix just until well-combined. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until center is just set, about 50 minutes. Refrigerate cake immediately, and leave until thoroughly chilled (at least 6 hours or overnight).
1. Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
2. Strain mixture through a sieve set over a large bowl, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to force as much of the liquid through sieve as possible. Spoon warm topping evenly over cold cake.
3. Refrigerate until topping is set, at least 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.)
4. To serve, pipe rosettes of whipped cream around edges of cake.
5. Garnish with whole cranberries.