- 3/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk, undiluted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Put evaporated milk, egg, vanilla and salt into a shallow bowl; beat with a fork until well-blended.
- Dip slices of bread into mixture one at a time, turning to coat both sides.
- Choose a nonstick skillet that measures 9 to 10 inches across the bottom.
- Heat over moderate heat, adding 1 Tbsp of the butter.
- When melted, add 4 slices of the dipped bread and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove to warm platter or plates and keep warm while you cook remaining bread.
- Suggestion: Garnish with a few strawberries and banana slices.
- Sift a little confectioner’s sugar over the toast.
- Serve with honey or woth apricot pourable fruit.