- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa (such as droste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 24 mini-donut cups with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar, coffee, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl, beating until smooth.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, a little at a time, and stir just until smooth.
- Place about 2 tsp of the batter into each donut cup, filling them halfway.
- Bake until firm, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool 1 minute, then carefully remove the doughnuts and let cool completely
on the rack.
- To make the glaze, stir the confectioner’s sugar and 1 tbsp of the water in a small bowl until
smooth, adding a little more water if needed (the glaze should be thin).
- Brush a thin layer of the glaze on top of each cooled donut, let stand 10 minutes to set.