- 3/4 cup large flake oatmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (original recipe called for 1/4 tsp….you decide)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (1/4 tsp. in original)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (original recipe called for ground cloves)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey (I omit, but my daughter adds 1 package of Equal after cooking for sweetness)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
sometimes i add finely diced dried fruit, like apricots (optional) or cranberries (optional) or raisins
(optional) or sometimes i add toasted chopped walnuts (optional) or almonds, after cooking
depending on my mood and what is on hand (optional)
- Combine oatmeal and flavourings in a deep, microwave safe bowl.
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Cook on high power for 2 minutes, then stir.
- Continue cooking and stirring at one minute intervals until the oatmeal is as thick as you like.
- Top with favourite toppings.
- I like plain yogurt and a touch of maple syrup.