- 1 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg yolks — well beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup post’s bran flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter — melted
- 2 egg whites — stiffly beaten
- Sift flour once, measure, add salt, sugar, and baking powder, and sift again.
- Combine egg yolks and milk. Add to flour gradually, stirring only until smooth.
- Add Post’s Bran Flakes and butter.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bakes on hot, well-greased griddle.
- Serve hot with Log Cabin Syrup.
- Makes 24 cakes.