vegetable oil Cocktail sauce
- 3 lb freshwater trout fillets, cooked an; d flaked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine first 11 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. (At this point, balls may be frozen: when ready to use, partially thaw and fry as directed below.)
2. Fry croquettes in 2-inch deep hot oil (370) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with cocktail sauce. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Note: This makes a delicious appetizer and may be made with any cooked fish.
From: The Southern Heritage Sea and Stream CookBook Shared By: Pat Stockett