- 2 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
1. Purée the strawberries in a food processor. You should have about 3 cups. Stir in 1 cup of the simple syrup and the lemon juice.
2. Taste and add remaining syrup if necessary. Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
3. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in a covered jar.
Makes about 1 quart