Onion Rings golden fried onion rings seasoned with Hard Rock Cafe’s own seasoning.
- flour to coat bread crumbs to coat
- 3 eggs blended with 1/2 cup milk (egg wash)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into ½- inch rings, save inner rings for another recipe, soak the larger rings in cold water
- vegetable oil for deep frying
Hard Rock Cafe Seasoning:
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
1. Place flour in shallow dish.
2. Place bread crumbs in separate shallow dish.
3. In another shallow dish, combine eggs and milk; mix well.
4. Remove onion rings from water; shake off excess water; place in flour and coat evenly.
5. Place floured onions (shake off excess flour) in egg wash; coat well. Shake off excess flour and place onions in bread crumbs; coat well. Shake off excess breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place onion rings in a fry basket, fry 3 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from oil; drain well.
7. While onions are frying, in a small container, combine all seasoning ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle Hard Rock Cafe Seasoning over hot onion rings. Serve immediately.