Creole Seafood Gumbo
- 1/4 cup butter; or margarine
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cup liquid; (water/seafood liquor)
- 2 cup okra, cut
- 2 cup tomato; peeled & cubed
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, green; chopped
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leave
- 2 cup shrimp, crabmeat, oyster combo
- 3 cup rice; hot cooked
1. Make a dark roux of the butter and flour over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Add liquid, okra, tomatoes, onion, pepper, Tabasco, thyme and bay leaf; bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add seafood and cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf and serve in soup bowls with mound of hot rice in center.