Crawfish & Egg Salad
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 lb chopped crawfish or shrimp
- 1 salt, if needed
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon durkee’s famous sauce
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poupon mustard
1. To cook crawfish: In a saucepan bring 2 quarts water to boil with 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of red pepper.
2. Add peeled crawfish tails to water. Bring to boil and remove from heat immediately.
3. Drain and cool. Chop hard-boiled eggs. Chop crawfish and mix with eggs.
4. Add pickles. Mix mustard, Durkee’s, and mayonnaise and add to egg mixture. If needed, add more pepper and salt.
5. From Justin Wilson’s “Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help