Chocolate Raspberry Bars
- 1 1/2 c Rolled oats
- 1/2 c Unbleached flour
- 1/2 c Almonds, ground pn Salt
- 1 ts Ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c Tiny semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c Maple syrup
- 1/2 c All-fruit raspberry jam
1. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, almonds, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Combine the eggs and maple syrup in a small bowl and whisk until very well combined. Pour into the oat mixture and combine well. About
halfway through the mixing it will become much easier if you use your hands.
2. Scoop half of the dough into the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie dish and smooth it out, going up the side a little bit, to make a smooth layer. If the dough is too sticky to work with, wet your hands and use them to press it in.
3. Spread the jam evenly over the dough in the pie dish. Then use your hands to very gently distribute the remaining dough over the the jam. In some places the jam might squish up over the top of this new layer of dough, but that is OK.
4. Microcook, uncovered, at full power (100%) until the dough feels dry to the touch, about 5 minutes. The raspberry jam will be bubbly and very runny, but let it cool completely before cutting into bars and it will be fine.
Makes 12 bars.