- 3/4 pound Skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Garlic clove — peeled
- 1 slice Fresh ginger — peeled
- 2 Scallions — with green tops trim
- 2 teaspoons Chili bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons White rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame paste — =OR=- peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1/2 pound Iceberg lettuce — finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons White rice vinegar
REMOVE THE SKIN FROM THE CHICKEN BREASTS and place breasts in a pot.
Put in enough cold water to cover the chicken, add the salt.
Bring the mixture to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover
tightly. Let the chicken sit in the hot water for 10 minutes.
While the chicken is sitting, combine the sauce mixture ingredients together in a
blender and set aside.
Toss the lettuce with the white rice vinegar and place on a platter.
Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Pull off the meat, finely shred
and toss with the sauce.
Place the chicken with sauce on top of the lettuce and serve at once.