Although these are not an exact replica of the famous candies, they are delicious just the same. Letting the dough
rest for a few minutes after kneading may make rolling easier.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter and chocolate. Beat in corn syrup, 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar, powdered milk and vanilla. Dough will be stiff.
2. Sprinkle a work surface with the remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar. Turn dough out onto work surface and knead until remaining sugar is incorporated. Shape into small logs and wrap in waxed paper.
Original recipe yield: 25 candies.