Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 c Unsalted butter – room temp
- 1 c Light brown sugar
- 1/2 c Dark brown sugar
- 3/4 ts Vanilla (optional)
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 c Unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 c Semisweet chocolate cut into coarse chunks
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter with both sugars until very well blended.
3. Mix in the vanilla and egg, then fold in the salt, flour and chocolate chunks. Form into small (walnut sized) or large (golf ball sized) balls as desired. Place on the baking sheets and press down slightly.
4. Bake until done about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on racks. Makes 2 dozen large cookies or 4 dozen small cookies.