Black and White Chocolate Bars
- 1 lb Real white chocolate, melted
- 1 lb Chocolate chips; melted
- 3/4 c Evaporated milk
- 1/4 c margarine
- 1 ts Vanilla (or other extract)
- 1/2 c Toasted hazelnuts (or walnuts)
1. To ensure that the recipe will set up properly, do not use white baking confections that are not real white chocolate. The word “cocoa” should appear in the ingredients.
2. Line the inside of an 8″ square baking pan with plastic wrap and set aside. Toast nuts by placing on a cookie sheet and baking in pre-heated 350 degrees F. oven until skin begins to flake off. Remove skins by rubbing with a clean towel. Chop nuts with a knife, or pulse in a food processor.
3. Melt chocolate in a separate medium-sized bowls over double boilers. Combine and melt the evaporated milk and GoldùnùSoft margarine over medium heat. Remove from heat and reserve. Add half the milk and margarine mixture to the melted chocolate chips. Mix well, pour into lined baking dish, an spread evenly. Refrigerate a few minutes.
4. Add balance of milk mixture to the melted white chocolate, then add the vanilla and mix until well blended.
5. Smoothly spread the mixture over the first layer and top with nuts. Refrigerate until firmly set (24 hrs.) and cut into bars. Store chilled.