Baked Fish With Tomato-Orange Confit
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not 1 in oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and
- 1 minced
- 2 large tomatoes peeled, seeded
- 1 and
- 2 tablespoon orange peel grated
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon crushed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 2 oranges peeled and
- 1 sectioned
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ground black pepper to
- 1 taste
- 1 2/3 lb fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cut into cubes
1. Cover the dried tomatoes with boiling water and let sit until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and chop. In a medium pan heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic; saute 10 minutes. Stir in the dried and fresh tomatoes, orange peel, orange and lime juices, tarragon, cayenne and fennel seeds.
3. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes. Stir in the orange sections, butter, pepper. Keep warm. Place fish on a rack in a baking pan or use a broiling pan.
4. Brush with 1 tsp. olive oil and bake in a preheated 450-degree oven 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with confit on top.
Recipe By : Sarah Leah Chase