- 6 each Potatoes — medium
- 4 each Bacon — slices
- 1 tablespoon Onion — chopped
- 1 each Celery; stalk — chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard — dry
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup Beer — any brand
- 1/2 teaspoon Tobasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parsley — chopped fresh
Boil potatoes in medium-size saucepan until just tender. Peel and slice.
Fry bacon until crisp. Break into small pieces and mix with onion, celery and salt; set aside.
Stir melted butter and flour in a small saucepan until blended. Add mustard and sugar.
Slowly stir in beer and Tabasco sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Pour over potatoes.
Sprinkle with parsley. Toss lightly and let stand 1 hour. Add bacon mixture; toss gently and se