- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Sprinkle each loaf with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until test done with toothpick.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.